Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Hauntingly Exquisite Works of Sarah Louise Davey









One of my most breathtaking discoveries to date is sculptor Sarah Louise Davey. Generally, with posts like this I would do some extensive research on their background and describe the artist, their work, and what they intend to evoke, but as I read Sarah's own powerful description of her work I realized she expressed herself so eloquently that I believe she tells her story best.
"Through the vessel of the figure and materiality of clay, I create sculptural objects and installations to evoke intuitive, visceral responses informed by our subjective notions of physical image and societal norms.  I question my own experiences of these through the various personalities that emerge with each hybrid portrait, as they are often an exaggerated mix of whimsical beauty and exaggerated macabre.  Posture and pose illustrate the psychological scope of the feral female while their wide-eyed gazes portray an emotional duality that is constantly evolving within each beastly image.  At the heart of these works is the eternal push and pull of the spirit.  The two-headed beast, the twin within, living just beneath the skin, sharing the shell and breathing life in through the cracks. They are psychic creatures blistered by hope and beaten with twinges of nostalgia."
via SarahLouiseDavey.com


Contact: SarahLouiseDavey@gmail.com
Instagram: @SarahLouiseDavey

All images featured in this blog are owned by and borrowed from Sarah Louise Davey

No comments:

Post a Comment